Re: Oil pump porting

To: "Mitchel Seff" <ms6453@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pump porting
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 10:27:59 -0800
Mitchel,

Having sold many pumps of different styles to chemical processing
industries, I would tread lightly where you are going with that pump.  Every
aspect of a pump's design is interdependent.  For example, the impeller
design and size is dependent upon, among other things, the resistance to
flow at the pump suction and discharge ends.  You could unknowingly reduce
the performance of the pump you are modifying.  Opening up the suction end
would usually not cause a problem, but I would hate for you to fine out that
it did the hard way.  The best thing you could do is stop removing material
and contact Autopump to tell them what you see.

Gary
'73