Can you explain these holes?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Can you explain these holes?
From: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@dowtyenterprises.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:20:24 -0600
I was stripping down my drivers side door panel and noticed a there was
something a little different going on in the lower forward section of
the door. To my suprise I found for holes that had some sort of plastic
anchor left in it. Apparrently these were sanded flush and bondo'd and
painted over by the DPO. I have no ide why the holes were there. there
doesn't appear to be any signs of a dent being pulled out. The area
around the holes is rather flat'ish though. Probably the bondo was used
to round the area out a bit. I'm totally dumbfounded at what these are
for. I don't think there were any factory emblems there. Anybody have
any ideas?

Follow link below for a picture.
http://www.dowtyenterprises.com/images/DCP_0544.JPG