TR250 taillight housing rechrome -- light sockets

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 taillight housing rechrome -- light sockets
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:06:37 -0500
I have an extra set of TR250 (maybe TR4?) tail light housings and front
side light housings that I am going to have rechromed for my TR250.

I had assumed that I could get new bulb housings, but they do not appear
to be available. Only the spring and contacts fiber board seem to be
available.

I have removed the light bulb spring and the bulb contacts. Can I leave
the bulb socket housings in place when they are rechromed? Dumb
question, but will there be a good ground after the bulb socket is
chromed?

Also on the tail light housing, the female threads for one of the lense
retaining screws is completely stripped. I guess these are "pot metal"
and not easily welded? Is there some way to plug and retap the hole, or
is the entire housing garbage?

Thanks,

Don Malling