RE: LIST of things to do when doing your head

To: TR6 Triumph <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: LIST of things to do when doing your head
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:46:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 1 May 2003, TR6 Triumph wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> What you had to say about the later TR6 head is interesting in terms of its
> flow characteristics.  I didn't know that.  So are you saying that a better
> performance option might be to get a later head and mill it to early
> compression ratio standards?  Thanks for the response.

Well, those steps plus a few more will make your late head really work
well!

But the key is getting the whole mess on a flow bench and getting some
numbers.

But the late head is the easiest way to get some power.

Interestingly, I have a couple of early heads that seem to be flowing
quite nicely... :-0 I don't suppose the wad of cash had anything to do
with it, though. Nah!

> Sincerely,
> Dave Herbert

C ya,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |