Oil Cooler Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Cooler Question
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 13:51:02 -0400
List,
My car is finally back in my garage, in one piece, painted and now with the
engine and transmission installed.  I am making progress toward hopefully
having it back on the road by the end of May, or before if I get lucky and/or
on a roll.

I have the standard spin-on oil filter adapter with the inlet and outlet for an
oil cooler.  I am about to re-install the oil cooler and make a bracket to hold
the oil thermostat valve.

I have two questions: First, which hole on the spin-on adapter is the outlet
and which the inlet-top or bottom?  Second, which hose goes to which fitting on
the oil thermostat valve?  I made great notes as I was disassembling, except
for this one installation.  Seems that I remember the top hose going to the
bottom outlet on the oil thermostat valve.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN