Introduction

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Introduction
From: Csbales@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:52:24 EDT
Hi List,

I'm a new member and wanted to introduce myself as I have begun a project and
will need lots of handholding and advice.  I've had my 72 TR6 for about 8
years.  About 3 years ago I bought an 82 Porsche 911SC and unfortunately the
TR has spent most of the last 3 years sitting.  I've enjoyed the TR so much
that I just couldn't part with it.  I knew it was time to either restore her
or give her up for someone else to enjoy so about three months ago I started
disassembling her for a makeover.
    Well, I went into this with no plan and think I have done everything bass
ackwards.  I have the body stripped down to the frame (still have doors and
fenders on).  I pulled the engine and sent it to the machine shop for ohaul.
I just got the assembled short block back as well as the head with a new
valve job.  The block has the orig pistons as the cylinders were just honed,
not bored.  The head had a bad exhaust valve so we replaced all exhaust
valves but everything else looked ok.
     So now I have to reassemble the engine and I'm wondering what
improvements to power I might consider. Also, it may be several months or
longer before I reinstall the engine and wonder if there is an engine
preservative or something I should put in.
     Like I said, no plan and have done things out of order but I have now
found this wonderful resource and am hoping to draw on your collective
experience and expertise to bail me out.  I guess a proper restoration should
include body off the frame especially for a Wisconsin car but I've never done
anything like this before.  I'm a little intimidated at this point but
willing to learn.  Any ideas??

Chris Bales
Milwaukee, Wisconsin