Helicoil Straight Shooter

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Helicoil Straight Shooter
From: Bob Rothstein <rgrothstein@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 07:58:55 -0700 (PDT)
     Recent discussions about Helicoil or EZ Lok inserts for
trailing arm studs mentioned a device someone made or found to
make sure that when drilling out for the Helicoil insert, the
drill bit goes straight into the flange of the trailing arm.
This would avoid the new stud from going in at a slight angle,
like the last one I drilled (but I did manage to get the
backplate on)!!
     I can't locate the original post.  Can someone explain the
precautions to take to make sure the drill bit goes in
absolutely straight (without removing the trailing arm from the
car).
     Thanks!

     Bob Rothstein
     Vienna, VA