RE: Re-built Engine Oil

To: <rengrave@netzero.net>
Subject: RE: Re-built Engine Oil
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade2@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:03:19 -0600
NO!!!  Synthetic will not allow the rings to seat in the cylinders.  It's
too slippery.  Stick with the Castrol 20W 50 and you will have not problems.
Depending on what your machine shop says, after 1,000 miles or so, you can
switch to synthetic if you truly want to.  As for me, I've stuck to the
Castrol 20W50 in my rebuilt engine.

Eric

'76 TR6
'62 TR4