Re: Is DOT5 OK for Clutch Hydrolics?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is DOT5 OK for Clutch Hydrolics?
From: "TR6 Triumph" <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 14:04:28 +0000
Hello Julio,

I have DOT5 in mine and it works great and I love it.  I'd recommend that
you remove and thoroughly clean the master cylinder, the slave units and the
tubing to ensure that there is no old fluid in them and that they are dry
(no moisture).  The DOT5 does not absorb moisture and thus moisture trapped
in your system can be much more problematic in terms of vaporization and
promoting corrosion.  I plan to change my fluid periodically just to make
sure that I remove any moisture accumulated moisture.

Have fun.

Sincerely,
Dave Herbert