Re: roll bars

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: roll bars
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:08:58 +0000
>From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
>To: 6pack@autox.team.net
>Subject: roll bars
>Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:09:52 -0400
>
>What are the feelings of the group regarding the use of a roll bar for
>street use?  I rarely drive my car "fast", but I recently had a close call
>involving a turkey (really).  Two wheels in a really deep ditch, and a lot
>of flying dirt and gravel, but no significant damage.  But...it got me
>wondering about roll-overs.  I've seen a couple of designs.  Any feelings
>about what is best? Aesthetics, safety, value?
>Joe Davis

  the local TR dealer was demonstrating a brand new TR6 on Watertower Road.
A very twisty hill here in the Black Hills.  He rolled it, but the top was
up and it didn't have a whole lot of damage when it came to a rest.  I
assume that means they aren't real heavy as compared to the top structure.
steve bridge