Re: cam degreeing

To: ms6453@optonline.net (Mitchel Seff)
Subject: Re: cam degreeing
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
Mitch---I've never set a cam this way, but then I'm used to symmetrical
lobes and use the "on-the-rock method to find "Straight Up" for these
cams. Doing it the way you described makes it seem like you have dialed
the cam in a tad early, which isn't all that bad. To do it the way
suggested by the "machine shop people", turn the engine forward to find
the beginning of full open. Mark the wheel. Reverse the engine direction
to find the beginning of full open...mark the wheel again. Split the
difference to find Straight Up.

Dick