Carb Tuning High Idle

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Tuning High Idle
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:19:57 -0400
Hi List,
Well, finally got to the point this morning where I was ready to tune the carbs
after rebuilding them this winter.  Set everything up the way I needed too,
even moved the car out of the garage so I didnt make myself ill.  Started it
up, and had to increase the idle slightly to keep it going.  Let the car warm
up.  As it started to warm up the idle took off and hit right around 2500.
After it was good and warm, I backed off the idle screws until they werent
touching and the idle stayed the same.  Next I checked to make sure I had
installed the choke properly so it wasnt 180 degrees out.  Both ok.  But still
the idle persisted.  I put the unisyn over the carbs and the back carb was
drawing more air volume than the front, but nothing I could do would bring the
idle down.  So here it is with three days of nice warm spring weather here in
Maine and I am itching to drive but cant.  I am open to suggestions and any and
all help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance...
Aaron(driving to work in the truck with the window down and it just isnt the
same)