Re: Carb Tuning High Idle

To: <Acekraut11@aol.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Tuning High Idle
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 08:24:06 -0600
Aaron, how is the timing?  Try using the static timing method if you are
unsure about whether your vacuum retard is working ok, otherwise use the
dynamic method.

John - 1976 TR6

Aaron wrote:>
Well, finally got to the point this morning where I was ready to tune the
carbs after rebuilding them this winter.  Set everything up the way I needed
too, even moved the car out of the garage so I didnt make myself ill.  Started
it up, and had to increase the idle slightly to keep it going.  Let the car
warm up.  As it started to warm up the idle took off and hit right around
2500.  After it was good and warm, I backed off the idle screws until they
werent touching and the idle stayed the same.  Next I checked to make sure I
had installed the choke properly so it wasnt 180 degrees out.  Both ok.  But
still the idle persisted.  I put the unisyn over the carbs and the back carb
was drawing more air volume than the front, but nothing I could do would bring
the idle down.  So here it is with three days of nice warm spring weather here
in Maine and I am itching to drive but cant.  I am open to suggestions and any
and all help would be appreciated.