Pertronix Instal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Pertronix Instal
From: Trumpet76TR6@cs.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 21:34:26 EDT
  I just got my new Pertronix points eliminator in the mail today.  I plan on
installing it in my 76 TR6 this weekend.  I read the instructions and it said
to put the black wire to the negative side of the coil.  I understand that
part.
  It then says to put the red wire to the positive side of the coil, and goes
on to talk about a resistor.  The STOCK setup has a red wire and white wire
going into a connector going to positive.  And also there is a black wire
going to the positive (as well as what I presume is a blue radio static
suppressor) side of the coil.  My questions are:
  Does a 76 TR6 have a factory resistor on it?
  To save me some time, what wire do I cut and replace with the Pertronix red
wire?  Or is there something else that needs to be done with the wiring?
  Thanks,  Ken,   AZ,   76 TR6