RE: Pertronix Instal

To: <Trumpet76TR6@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pertronix Instal
From: "Keith Meinhold" <keith@navyboy.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 10:41:42 -0700
I don't know if it was correct when I did it.  I followed a recent article
in the Moss newsletter about converting a TR6 to pertronix.  I replaced the
original coil with the Pertronix coil as well.

My car runs and starts fine.  My setup:

Red and White wires from the harness to the + side of the coil
Black wire connected to radio resistor to + side of coil
Black wire from igniter to - side of coil
Red wire from igniter to + side of coil

While this works fine there is some question whether I am getting a full 12V
at the igniter (and the full advantage of the new coil), since the ballast
has not been removed from the system as far as I know.  I suspect that I am
getting stock voltage at the igniter and therefore left the spark plug gap
stock as well.

If there is a better wiring setup, I too would like to know.

PS:  I plan to be at the British car show and swap in Dixon CA Sunday.  My 6
will be the one with the Retired Navy plate on the front.  Trying to get my
friend with an original 76 with only 17K on the clock to go too. If your on
the list stop by and say hi.

V. Keith Meinhold
66 Marston Avenue
San Francisco CA  94112