Re: still missing

To: WaltP@Anspach.com, 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: still missing
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 22:48:19 -0400
  Walt,
       if the other suggestions you've heard don't work, try pulling the
plug wires, one at a time, and look inside the insulators at both ends
with a flashlight. If they're like the ones I had on my car last year,
you'll find a few with blackened connectors. In fact, one wire
completely separated from the crimp connection and fell off the
distributor cap when the cap was removed. This was caused by the crimps
at the connectors not being tight enough. And no, these wires weren't 5
or 10 years old. They had been installed 3 months earlier, and had about
2,000 miles on them. Just one more example of the inferior parts being
manufactured for us these days. They had been purchased from one of the
"big 2".
(I don't even consider Victoria British to be in the running since
getting a box of absolute trash from them a few years ago for a Spitfire
project)..
   In any case, back to the subject..... The arcing from the weak
connections burned the center wire core completely through on half the
wires. Any time one buys a set of wires, it's good practice to check all
connections, and tighten the crimps if neccesary.
  Good luck,
Kevin "sparky" Thompson
at: www.capecodbritishcarclub.org