STANDARD MOTOR CO - 'CENTENARY' Run - Fri 23 May

To: <triumph_cars@yahoogroups.com>, "Triumph List"
Subject: STANDARD MOTOR CO - 'CENTENARY' Run - Fri 23 May
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:37:33 +0100
Sorry to bombard these lists but this is the last call for late entrants to
the CENTENARY Run taking place in the UK this coming Friday in the run-up to
the Standard Centenary celebrations in Coventry and at Gaydon over the
weekend.
As far as the Run is concerned, I have notified the 'Old Bill' that 30 cars
will be taking part, though 25 have registered so far.
The start is at the Charlecote Pheasant between Stratford on Avon and
Wellesbourne. Be there from 10.30 latest for a 10.45 briefing and 11.15 start.
Ray Henderson of the former Competitions Dept who is never seen at club events
has been persuaded to come on the Run and will be the official starter. The
Run takes in the former 'test hills' of the north Cotswolds, used by company
and Press alike in the 1920's and 1930's. It will finish at approx 17.30 at
Charlecote, in time for an optional Carvery Supper.
If you would like to take part but aven't got a round tuit in letting me know,
contact me off-list with your home phone number and I can take your details.
I realise tat because te event takes place on a Friday, work commitments may
preclude many from joining in. Because of that, the same route will be used on
Sunday 24th August for those who can't join in three days time.
For the record, we have three especiially distinguished cars taking part - a
1934 Standard 20hp Saloon, a 1935 Standard Ten which has taken a week to power
itself to England from southern Germany and a Flying Twelve drop head coupe.
There are a few other Standard badged cars taking part. The rest of the field
is made up of later 'Standard' cars badged as Triumphs in which there is
almost one of everything from a Renown to a TR8. WE NEED MORE of ALL models
please, ladies and gentlemen. A report with pix will be written on this event
and this will be available to all Standard and Triumph club
newsletter/magazine editors without charge in the UK and overseas, so contact
me off-list to go on the distribution list.
But for everyone else, rather than just read about it, let me know and come to
take part. None of us *doing it* this coming Friday will be around in 2103 -
though a few of the cars might survive that long. This really is your last
chance. Notify me now, thhere will be no chance of joining on the day itself.
Pre-booking is essential.

Jonmac