turn signals

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: turn signals
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:47:51 EDT
Listers:

I would appreciate some help with a problem involving my turn signals on my
1970 PI.

Today, I noticed that the turn signals work normally when I signal for a left
turn.  When I signal for a right turn, the lights on the right front fender,
right rear light cluster, and dashboard just hold steady.  The light located
just above the bumper on the right does not go on at all.

I thought it might be a dead bulb in the light above the bumper, so I swapped
the right for the left without any change.  I checked for loose bullet
connectors going to both the front and rear turn signals, but found nothing
unusual.
 Since the flasher works for left turn signaling, I figure it is probably OK.
 I am also having trouble finding it under the dash.

Any ideas?  I have to say that I like the mechanicals of this car a lot, but
the electricals can be pretty frustrating.  I hope this is something simple.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Samuels
1970 PI CP 51797 LP
Miami Beach, FL