Accelerator shaft bushings

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Accelerator shaft bushings
From: "Neil Wehmeyer" <ngwehmeyer@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:56:16 -0700
List:
So I received many helpful ideas about installing the shaft bushings. Thanks
to all. I tried several of them and had success by cutting through the bush,
heating it and then screwing it in.  still a very tight fit.  Next time I
will fabricate one from an off-the-shelf brass bushing, as one suggestion
outlined.

Next question.  The shaft contacts the top of the bell housing.  I can't
believe this is correct.  How much space is there between the shaft and the
top of the bell housing on a normal car.  My car is going back together from
a frame off that was started last November.  Until this point everything has
lined and fit fine.  Could it be that the new motor and transmission mounts
are taller than the old. The old trans mount was in two pieces, so I can't
compare. Ideas?