Rear Spring Height

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Spring Height
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:21:41 -0500
It was written:

> If I ordered a spring with 1inch lower height, what should the length
> of the spring be? 10.25? What is stock? I'm checking to see if I
> received the right springs. I have nothing to compare to.

Depends on what the seller meant by "1 inch lower height".

Is the uninstalled spring supposed to be precisely 1 inch shorter than the
uninstalled stock spring, or is the new spring supposed to result in the car
being 1 inch lower than stock when installed in the car?

If the latter (which is more likely), then you can't tell whether you have
the right spring by just comparing the lengths of the unmounted springs. If
the new spring is stiffer than a stock spring, it may be MORE than 1"
shorter before mounting.

Jim Hill
Madison WI