RE: TR6 move from NY to Calif.

To: Erik <aktifspeed@earthlink.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 move from NY to Calif.
From: Keith Meinhold <keith@navyboy.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:11:22 -0700
The way I understand it, you are in luck:

Cars 30ys (1974, 73...) and older are exempt from CA emissions testing.

If you are moving to California from another state, you may register a new
federally certified vehicle if it was first registered by you in your home
state.

Newer < 30yo cars must have CA emissions testing.  They must have been built
and CA certified (placard on door jam/under hood stating CA emissions
vehicle), and all of the original emissions equipment installed.  Non-CA
certified cars, can not be retrofitted with emissions equipment.  And no
matter how clean your vehicle runs, and passes emissions testing, if it not
CA cert vehicle from new with all the proper equipment you can not register
it.

This my help:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/newtoca/newtoca.htm

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/STDPAGE.ASP?BODY=/GENINFO/PUBLICATIONS/OUT_OF_ST