TR6 move from NY to Calif.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 move from NY to Calif.
From: Erik <aktifspeed@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:29:27 -0400
Hello lister's, I recently got my 74' out of storage where it has been
idle for the past 3.5 yrs.  I'm moving to Los Angeles from New York
City and am shipping the car to LA.  My question is regarding emissions
regulations in CA.  I'm not familiar with the C.A.R.B. regulations
regarding vehicles of our vintage.  Can anyone from Cali. shed some
light on the subject?  Presently my car has headers going into a dual
Monza exhaust; EGR and ancillary emissions controls are disconnected.
I plan on registering and getting it inspected here in NY before I ship
it out so I can drive it for a while in CA. before any emissions work
may have to be done out there.  It has always passed emissions tests
here in NY with a bit of carburetor tweaking.   Does the car have to
have the emissions controls/exhaust on it as it left the factory in
74'?  I hope not, I love the sound/extra oomph out of the Monza.  Any
info would be greatly appreciated.

         PS. any recommendations for/against companies to ship the car
cross-country?

Thanks,

Erik S.     74' CF24407U