Re: TR6 move from NY to Calif.

To: aktifspeed@earthlink.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 move from NY to Calif.
From: StangGuy67@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 21:24:08 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/03 10:31:44 AM, aktifspeed@earthlink.net writes:

<< I'm not familiar with the C.A.R.B. regulations
regarding vehicles of our vintage.  Can anyone from Cali. shed some
light on the subject?   >>

I have a 74 TR6, and live in California. I bought the car last year, and
waited until the plates were ready to expire before registering it, because I
wanted to hold off as long as possible, since I knew it was set pretty rich. I
finally took the plunge, and went to the local AAA (I suggest you join this
fine
organization when you arrive here, NFI). I was surprised when the guy behind
the counter said that the DMV no longer required a smog test for my 74.
Bullet dodged!!
For what it's worth, I used Roadrunner Auto Transport of of iowa this past
April to ship a BMW from Chicago to LA, and they were prompt and CHEAP! (as
long
as you don't mind outside transport)

Kraig Griffiths

74 TR6