Redlines Forever!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Redlines Forever!
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:29:19 EDT
Sorry Guys,
I just bought some more Michelin X Redlines from Coker to mount on my
restored American Racing Equipment aluminum 4 spoke wheels. I know, what a
waste of
some good light weight wheels but I am what I am.  I mean I looked at all the
modern tires with good rubber in all the various sizes but I just could not
bring myself to do this to the Six or the TWO FIVE O.  I think it was the old
TR250 promotional sticker that got me in the end.  You know the one that has
nothing but the silver stripes on the bonnet and the top with the two red
circles
for the tires on a black background with the words:  "Triumph Over
Conformity".  IMHO our cars just don't look right with anything but what was on
them the
begin with. That would be Redlines!  I will deal with the hard ride, squeal
around tight turns, squirrelly grip in the wet and yes, I will lose in
autocross.  But I will do it with a smile on my face since maintaining the
vintage look
and ride is important in my book.  So here is one for all of us who still run
the Michelin X or Goodyear G-800 with the Red Circles.
Cheers,
Darrell
P.S. I have accumulated 3 Goodyear G-800 trunk tires and need a forth.
Anyone willing to sell me a spare G-800 that has never been on the road?