stainless vs zinc

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: stainless vs zinc
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:06:26 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded.

I was concerned about the stainless bolt threads seizing in a standard
nut, and somehow had the idea from other threads that locktite was the
answer -- it was really anti-seize.

Also, my question about various grades of zinc had to do with the
quality of the zinc plating rather than the hardness of the bolt. That
is, does some zinc plating last longer than others. I have seen cases
where only section of a zinc bolt has rusted, and it made me think that
maybe the zinc was thicker where it didn't rust.

But I learned a lot about bolt harness, so it was a good lesson anyway.

Thanks again,

Don Malling