Re: gauges

To: ngwehmeyer@attbi.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gauges
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:58:43 EDT
Neil,

I'm in the midst of rebuilding/cleaning my gauges so I'm familiar with the O
rings both outside and inside the gauge.  When I pulled my smaller gauges I
found the material between the bezel and glass face to be almost welded to the
bezel by 30 years in the sun.  After scraping out the remains, and with lots
of
help from the list, I decided to try the O rings offered by VB that were
advertised as a fit inside the bezel.  However, I tried to fit these and found
it
almost impossible to remount the bezel to the glass with the O ring in place.
Following another suggestion, I fashioned a seal on the inside of each bezel
with blue RTV, let it dry and then refit the bezel to the glass.  Fits great.

I ordered the "outside" O rings to replace the "cooked" rubber between my
gauges and dash from TRF, but haven't installed them yet.  Tomorrow's the
day.
I'll post another message re: the fit and potential gauge offset after I try
them tomorrow.

Hope this helps

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6