RE: Where can find TR6 Tank 2 Filter SS Pipe?

To: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Where can find TR6 Tank 2 Filter SS Pipe?
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:40:09 -0700
Bob,

I have always heard (but have not been able to confirm) that copper pipe
(like you get at the hardware store) is to be avoided because it can react
with the gasoline (although the mixtures dispensed from the gas pumps these
days probably should called "fuel" instead of gasoline).  That said, you can
get aluminum (easiest to work with), mild steel, and stainless steel
(hardest to work with) from many sources.  One source is Summit Racing
http://www.summitracing.com. Their catalogue lists aluminum in sizes from
3/8" to 5/8", mild steel in sizes from 3/16" to 3/8", and stainless steel in
sizes from 3/16" to 3/8".  All comes in 20-25 ft rolls with pricing ranging
from $12.99 to $30.99 depending on size and material.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6