RE: Where can find TR6 Tank 2 Filter SS Pipe?

To: "'Bob Fabie'" <RFabie@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Where can find TR6 Tank 2 Filter SS Pipe?
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:32:36 -0400
Bob,
I've had good experiences with Classic Tube http://www.classictube.com/
, a company that makes brake and fuel lines for vintage cars. I've
always ordered the stainless lines pre-bent and have had to do very
little rebending or adjusting of their product. They list fuel line
"Tank to pump" for $60/mild steel and $90/stainless for pre-bent lines.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Before I install my "new" gas tank, I want to replace the solid fuel
line that runs from the tank to the point where a rubber gas line
connects it to the filter. The big three don't carry the fuel line. A
local British restoration shop actually recommended I use copper because
it bends easily and will probably last 20 years or more.

Would like to hear from anyone who knows where I can buy new mild or ss
fuel line and also what you think of using copper.

Thanks
Bob Fabie
'75 TR6