OT and Horn

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: OT and Horn
From: jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:22:41 -0400
I don't think anyone answered MC's problem about his horn connection.
Although the explanation for the mess under the dash was informative, as
well as the explanation about overdrive(now I want one)Thanks.

OK, now my problem(ignorance)pertaining to the horn. (thanks Mike for
breaking the ice)
The two installed horns produce no sound. I went into my spare parts
collection and found two others. Both produce sound (loud beep) when
connected directly to the battery.
I disconnect the driver side horn and connected the spare. Great! (BEEP
BEEP) I tested the other one and no beep beep but the same buzz sound from
the relay. Why would one work and the other not? The one that worked was
different from the rest. It has two  connectors for each side(four)while
the two installed and the spare have only two.

After goofing around with all combinations of wire connections and pluggin
and unplugging everything I gave up and installed the one that worked.
Great! (Beep beep) For some reason, I then decided to see what happens when
I turned on the ignition.  Not-so-great; The passenger side horn woke up
and sounded a muffled (BiiP BiiP)and the drivers side horn is dead. So now,
after all that work, I got bip bip instead of beep beep.

Did I kill my good replacement when I turned on the ignition? Is the
problem in the relay? Wiring? Short? Anybody out there care to admit a
similar experience?

Jim, TR6 74 1/2
Port Jefferson, NY