TR6 Transmission--Reverse gear grinder

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Transmission--Reverse gear grinder
From: Gary.Oehrle@infineon.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:24:51 -0700
Hi

Been a TR6 ('76) owner for many years but my memory of past
problem fixes is failing me.  I have had this problem before
but not sure of the fix.

In order to get the car in reverse, I need to turn off the engine
else the gears in the transmission are still spinning and it is a
gear grinder.

Around 5 or 6 years ago, a new clutch and throw-out bearing were
installed (bearing pined as well).  Honestly I do not remember if
this was the remedy before or not.  Car is not driven that much
to need a new clutch.  But I do know the clutch pedal is to the
floor and seems to not fully disengage the engine especially when
it is HOT.

Regards
Gary Oehrle