Paint Codes Royal Blue 56 PPG 13126

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Paint Codes Royal Blue 56 PPG 13126
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:47:25 -0400
The body shop bought the paint for my TR250 Royal Blue 56. I expected to
get PPG 13126 which is the number everyone lists but the paint store
gave the body shop a Chrysler color DBC3146 OEM 1 832-1.

I talked to the paint store and they said the original PPG color was
13126, but it's not possible for them to formulate the older colors with
the new two stage Urethane paints and that PPG provides a best possible
"blendable" equivalent color, which for Triumph 56 (old PPG 13126) is
DBC 3146.

The paint store was able to cross reference Martin Senior and Dupont
color codes to PPG 13126, so I assume their data was good.

I see from the web that this is a typical situation. Has anyone been
through this before and is DBC 3146 the correct PPG equivalent to 13126?

Thanks,

Don Malling