Re: Time Traveler

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Time Traveler
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:16:54 -0700
At 12:26 PM 8/28/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Barry..
>On Wednesday, Aug. 27th, you wrote an article in the L.A.Times

Super job, Dick!

My original 74.5 never had (and still does not have) ANY of the problems
the writer ascribed to the marque as a whole.

My guess is he didn't try-- or know how-- to understand or alleviate the
exaggerated "problems" in his particular example.

I predict that the modern car he reviewed will be long-forgotten by
afficianados after 30 years, as just another ho-hum example in a long line
of robot-produced, perfect jelly bean clones of Japanese manufacturing
excellence-- at which time I expect your 60-year-old TR6 will still be
truckin' and turning heads!

How do I know this?  When I drive my '95 black Supra, hardly anyone
notices.  But when I pull into the gas station with the TR6, folks gather
'round!

Glenn 74's
San Diego