RE: Time Traveler

To: "'R. Ashford Little II'" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Time Traveler
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:37:43 -0400
Every carburetor I have serviced (or tidied up really) on a TR6 has had the
same characteristic; the adjusting screws are slightly sticky because they
have been in the same location for 30 years due to the fact that they have
not needed any adjustment to run quite nicely.

As for a slipper gas pedal; if memory serves the lack of a rubber cover on
the pedal was a conscious design decision for allowing the foot to slip on
the pedal surface and thus permitting the heel to be on the floor or the
brake pedal while driving. You're not supposed to use an accelerator pedal
in the same fashion as a clutch pedal. Not if you know how to drive that
is...

Mark