brake issue

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake issue
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 00:20:25 -0800
Oh wise listers:

Starting about a week ago, I have had some trouble with brake pressure in my
TR250.  There has been no loss of fluid, but when I first apply the brakes, I
get very little resistance and get down to the floor with only minor braking
force being applied to the wheels.  I've gotten in the habit now if braking
early and pumping two to three times quickly to get the pressure necessary to
stop easily.  Obviously, this isn't the safest of driving conditions.  I'll be
taking the car off the road soon to install Herman's Toyota transmission
conversion and Richard's 3.92:1 Nissan differential very soon, so I'll address
the brake issue then.

I haven't done any diagnosis of the brakes yet, just the pressure pumping
experiments to see how quickly I can build pressure in the system to stop.   I
haven't had the car for two years yet, so I have no idea if the MC and servo
are original, rebuilt, or replaced new at some point.  If I were to guess, I
would say that the MC had been replaced at some point, but the servo is
original.  Are my brake system symptoms similar to anything you have had and
what was your diagnosis and solution?

Thanks as always for your shared knowledge and wisdom.

Andy
CD6521L
CD6746L