Update on engine rebuild

To: "6-Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on engine rebuild
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:46:15 -0800
        Folks:

        Motor is back together! Yippee! I need to prep the engine compartment
and
start on the transmission next. I am guessing I will not actually be firing the
motor for 2-3 months yet. I know this is a no-no, but c'est la vie. Squirt a
little oil in the cylinders and hope for the best. The garage is heated, so
I think I will skate by.
        The transmission will involve installing an overdrive in addition to the
rebuild. I purchased a rebuilt Volvo j-type, etc. The only thing I am lacking
is the appropriate output flange, as the one that is on the OD is too small to
use
(not enough metal to drill bolt holes on the correct centers for the TR drive
shaft). Anyone have a good source for these? Rimmer? Does the output flange
from the transmission happen to fit the OD output shaft?
        I also wanted to pass along the specs on the RV2 cam I installed from
Oregon Cam Grinding (http://www.oregoncamshaft.com/). Only $74 for a regrind,
and
$12 a lobe for repairs (If needed. I had one flat lobe that needed to be
welded).
They will check and regrind your lifters for $48 too. They were out of cores for
TR6s when I was there, so you may need to send in your core first. I don't know
their core charge since I didn't mess with it. They grind all the cams for
BPNW, so they have lots of experience with LBCs.
        Anyway, apparently they do NOT supply a cam card unless you ask, so I
emailed them and the replied promptly with the specs. They WILL answer your
emails, so if you have questions, write them a note.

        Now, where did I put that gear puller?

        Vance