header choices

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: header choices
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:33:26 -0500
Hi listI have the head off of my '71 TR6 because of a failed head gasket.  I
think I'll seize the opportunity and put on a tubular header.  I have the
stainless "twin sports" system from rimmer bros. with a later dual outlet stock
cast exhaust manifold.  Does anyone have opinions about header options?  The
most obvious option would seem to be the Rimmer Bros. SS header that was
designed to go with the system. I could buy a pacesetter or other 6-1, but I
would have to revise the exhaust system and have it powder coated. Moss has a
mild steel header that looks like 2 pairs of 3-1.  This might work well with
the dual exhaust.  The stainless steel options are all expensive.  Should they
be ceramic coated as well?  Are there brands that are consistantly superior in
regard to fit, performance and longevity?   I want something that won't require
anything more than basic port matching.  I've heard horror stories about
cutting and rewelding tubes.  I don't have the skill for that. ThanksJoe Davis