Re: tr6 wheels

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr6 wheels
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:04:21 -0500
Hi Bob and list,

I assume from this thread there is no place to get new original TR6
steel wheels?

Can the old ones be straighten? Usually, rarely? My local tire places
seem to think that they can only be straightened if the bead lip is
pushed outward. Can't straighten much else -- wobbles etc. Can anyone
suggest a shop in the northeast or anywhere that can do more?

Lastly, I asked the following question once before and don't think I got
an answer -- at least maybe not a completely definitive one.

I would like to use Wire Wheels with 6mm (.236") spacers and the long
(steel wheel) studs  on a TR250 and TR6. These would be the 72 spoke 6"
Daytons listed for the TR250 and TR6. I think TR250 came with 4.5" 60
spoke wires?. Thus the question -- since I'm already going from stock
4.5" wires to 6" wires, does the additional 6mm spacer (2.36") cause
trouble?

Thanks,

Don Malling