RE: Victoria British LTD. Seat Belts

To: "'Michael Greene'" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Victoria British LTD. Seat Belts
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:22:52 -0500
I bought a pair (of the belts VB sells) off eBay and put on a '75 TR6 I
built and sold last spring. They work OK, but not as well as the
original Kangols. The retracting mechanism is not as strong as the
originals and the position of the retractor on the wheelwell, while it
works, it just never "felt right" to me. Also, the male end of the catch
doesn't fit into the seat belt "parks" on the inner sills.

I had a pair of original Kangols restored at Ssnake-Oyl Products in
Tyler, TX (http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/), and they did a very good job.
More expensive, but if you're spending much time behind the wheel I
believe it would be worth it in terms of appearance, comfort and safety.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Has anyone installed a set of retractable seat belt from Victoria
British LTD? The seat belts are on sale and listed in there Winter
Special catalog as $59.00 each. The units that Moss sales (item #222020
inertia reel type) are $99.00 each and the units that the Roadster
Factory sales (item #TRFSB302 inertia reel type) are also $99.00. I
would  like opinions on quality, installation, ease of operation. My car
is a 1974 TR6 with original inertia reel type belts.

Mike Greene