Re: Looking for info on switching to silicone brake fluid

To: rrt@connectexpress.com (Rex Townsend)
Subject: Re: Looking for info on switching to silicone brake fluid
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:28:02 -0800 (PST)
Rex---The group seems divided on running synthetic brake fluid or
glycol. I haven't made the switch to synthetic, and after 30 years with
the DOT 3 and 4, probably won't.  I usually don't mess with something
that serves well. The original MC is still stopping the car as good as
it ever did. The rear wheel cylinders have never been touched and don't
leak. There are no brake (or clutch) fluid leaks. I talked myself into
changing the front seals last year, and the ones that came out looked as
good as the ones that went in. (Only the dust seals were dried out) So
far as this formula "eating paint", well, the idea here is to keep it
off the paint. So far, so good.

OK, now where did I put my flak jacket?

Dick