Re: Sidedraft Weber manifold question

To: Mike Munson <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Sidedraft Weber manifold question
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:13:49 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Mike Munson wrote:

> Hi gang,

Hi.

> Does anyone of you triple Weber guys have a TWM manifold on an early
> head? I am beginning to wonder if they ever made them. I have been
> looking and can't seem to find one.

I went through this about 4 years ago... I called _everybody_ in the US. I
talked to APT, Pierce Manifolds, TWM, BF&E, TRF, several Weber suppliers,
etc. Had quite a phone bill, as I recall...

> I may have to settle for a Cannon.

That's what I wound up with. I bought one through Greenfield Imported Auto
in Greenfield, MA. They're a Weber parts reseller, and the owner used to
be into Triumphs having road raced a 1500 FP Spitfire and a GT-3 GT6.

After they tried selling me the GT6 (this has been an ongoing discussion
for about 10 years), they managed to track down an early Cannon manifold
which I bought.

Ironically, I had arranged earlier for a used one from a guy on another
list about one year prior - they both showed up at my door within a week
of each other. Contact me off list for details.

The best part about new Cannon manifolds is that the linkages work
smoothly. All the used ones I've had (several) have had binding related to
the long rod that all the bellcranks bolt to. On one, I had to hack the
rod out and replace it. I guess hack mechanics think a 1/4" steel rod is a
good lifting handle or something. :-)

> Mike Munson
>
> Atlanta, Ga.
>
> 70-6
>
> 73-6

Regards,
rml

TR6's - '73 and '74.
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |