British Mechanics R us

To: StuBeatty@aol.com
Subject: British Mechanics R us
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:51:39 +0000
I am not a mechanic nor have I had any training
>in this field, but I just opened up my trusty manuals and started taking
>things apart and repairing or replacing as necessary.

  As a former educator and forever a car nut, I pointed out to students who
thought my TR6 powered Spitfire was one step from a Viper that  my father
never worked on cars, had no interest.  I, on the other hand, fell in love
with Mustang Fastback 2+2's,  GTO's, and then the Dodge R/T's.  I would show
them my Bentley Manual and compare it to a cookbook that would allow the
also inexperienced to do as I had done with my Spitfire.  No one "taught"
me, I wanted to learn so much, just try to stop me.
  I could take a Viper, and teach every class there is with it right down to
  the French language ( using that French racing teams' Viper )  I don't
think there would be too many absences either:  "In science next week, we
will be studying "G" Forces, so don't forget your helmet"
   My point here is: We are much more capable of doing things than we give
ourselves credit for.  I may not be able to make a heat shield as nice as
that tin worker did ( it sure is purty ) , but that doesn't make my effort
worthless.  I tire of the Run with the Big Dog mentality that encourages us
to not even try if we won't be " the best"  Whatever your next step on your
TR, you can do it. If you fail, no big deal, it's only time and money.
Never quit and when you succeed, the reward is huge.
Soapbox Steve

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software  optimizes dial-up to the max!