RE: External Gearbox

To: MHarmon@sces.org, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: External Gearbox
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:34:55 -0500
Mike,

I'd check out the www.buckeyetriumphs.org site.  Good section on the top
cover.  I'm not sayin' it's required, but to get the "cups" out I had to
drill a small hole in each & run a screw down in each one.  Then pliers to
pry on the screw.

I then tapped the holes & used threaded covers(TRF sells them).  Piece 'o
cake & all there on that web site.

Reason I did it was to replace the o-ring on each selector shaft.

I think you might find other helpful tid bits there on gearboxes.

Todd