engine conversion

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine conversion
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:28:32 -0800 (PST)
Whoa!

Evidently I found a subject in which many of you have
already done a lot of work. Which was not unexpected.
I have seen some AMAZING conversions! V8's of all
descriptions, blowers, etc. The engineering and design
work was really top rate. I was astounded that a V8
could fit so nicely in the bay of a TR6.

My own preference would lean toward an in-line six of
some kind, like a mid-80's Toyota Supra DOHC 2.8 or a
SOHC 2.5 BMW mill. If I every get the $$$ and the
nerve (well, mostly the $$$) I'd love to do it just to
see how it works. BUT having said all that, there is
no engine note like that of the 2.5 mill in our LBC's!

Feel free to contact me if anyone would like me to
forward pictures or emails I've received off-list.

You guys are swell!

=====
Jim Jones
'72 Emerald