RE: TR6 engine conversions

To: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, Walt Boeninger
Subject: RE: TR6 engine conversions
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:01:03 -0700
Other way around, Rover used the Buick engine. That base engine powered many
British V8 cars including the TR8, the factory MGBV8's, the RV8, the Rover
3500 sedans (P6's and SD1's) as well as the all the Range Rover variants just
to name a few. The Rover engineers found the prototype of the Buick engine
shoved into a corner of a Buick faciltiy while on a state side tour. They were
in need of a light weight V8 and were thrilled with their discovery. A
liscensing arrangement soon followed.

Shawn Loseke