Re: Sanity check - timing chain replacement

To: <Mickylong@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sanity check - timing chain replacement
From: <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 8:23:07 -0600
I would definately replace the chain. When deciding on the sprocket and
chainwheel, you should consider (1) the existence of abnormal wear and (2) the
cost of these items. GOOD gears are not cheap! I replaced my original
chainwheel last month, but left the sprocket intact. The tips of the chainwheel
teeth were razor sharp, which I interpreted as being abnormal wear.

Also look at the tensioner and replace if needed (cheap).

Rick O.