RE: RE: Sanity check - timing chain replacement

To: <trinitygadget@alltel.net>, <Mickylong@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: Sanity check - timing chain replacement
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:17:55 -0800
        From my local LBC shop. www.britishautoworks.com

        I don't believe he got it from Moss though. He has a local
supplier that
he got most of my engine stuff from (pistons, bearings, rings, rocker
arms, etc).
Says they are cheaper than Moss for major engine stuff. All the body and
trim
he gets from Moss.
        Course, this was before the dollar got so weak against the
pound, too.
Moss just raised their prices a bunch (As did all of the big three). I
presume
you couldn't come close to this now, as it would be probably 40% (?)
more at least.
        I also got a 10% discount from the regular price, 'cuz I bought
my 6 from
them, and there is no shipping charge for will call orders. Got a full
set of
rockers, adjusters, and rocker shaft for $115, too. It would be twice
that
plus shipping from Moss at the moment.
        As with many things in life, it's not what you know, it's who
you know.
<evil grin>. Seriously, email them at email@britishautoworks.com and ask
for a
quote on this stuff to see if they can save you any money. With the
currency
stuff doing what it's doing, there may not be much of a savings at the
moment.
Course, if you are outside the Portland metro area, he will charge for
shipping.
They have a recycling operation too, so if you can use a recycled part
it is
half of the new price.

        NFI, yada, yada, yada.

        Vance