Re: Paint question

To: "Phil Beckman" <phil@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Paint question
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:30:15 +0000
Phil,

First find the PPG code for the paint, then go to body shop, or someone you may
know in the industry that can get you a pint of that code paint. Then send it
off to have it put into spray cans at about 14 bucks per can. The list here
will provide who does that, I don't remember as I type this.

But as you may know, that is a "two part" base clear type paint, not the enamel
job on your original, so it may not match up very well.

I would make friends with a local body shop that could "Help you out". They
know how to match the paint, and you could help them with tapping so it just
takes an hour or two of their time. I found some body shops like to check out
the "TR6", and will be glad to help a fellow enthuisist. But as you know some
body shops (especially car dealer body shops) don't want anything to do wth
restoration work.

But this all takes a little leg work. Good luck

Still waiting for my 6 from the body shop.
--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net