Re: Man am I stumped follow up

To: <airbear72@att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Man am I stumped follow up
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:21:13 -0700
Russell --

<Major Snipping>
> -  recheck the dist. to which I found one of the weights under the points
plate stuck

I'd bet a gallon ( Too expensive for a thankful)  of gas that this was part
of your problem.  About 10 days or so ago I had issues with my 73's dizzy,
the weights were 'stuck' to the spindle and it took lotsa work - gently to
free them up again.   Upon reassy it ran like cr*p, the now free weights
were affecting the timing I'd set last fall....

2nd guess would be the point/condensor connector wires in the dizzy were
earthing out.  ask me why I suspect that!  it was only after a dis- and
re-assemble of the point structure I solved the no start problem...

Ken

73 '6
CF7000U0