RE: It's Official "$35,000" for a low milage TR6

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: It's Official "$35,000" for a low milage TR6
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:29:20 -0700
        Rick:

        Unfortunately this will destroy much of it's value. That's the
paradox of
owning a car like this. It must not be driven to preserve it's value,
and to
justify the high price paid. In that regard it is similar to a new car;
drive it off
the showroom floor and watch the value plummet.
        That's why I won't purchase a collector's car - it's gotta stay
on the trailer.
Not much fun as far as I'm concerned, and on that point we both agree.
Pretty boring.
        My "restoration" will never be worth more than about $15k, cuz I
will be driving
mine. Course if my car were the last one in the world, then it would be
worth more, but
that doesn't seem likely.
        Still, it's a gorgeous example of the genre, and for the owner
who is willing to
keep it trailered, probably a decent investment.

        Vance