Re: Diff. bracket cracks

To: bytr6@frontiernet.net (Brian Yarborough)
Subject: Re: Diff. bracket cracks
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:40:37 -0700
Brian---It is simple enough to replace the rear cover gasket. I would do
this last, as you may want to remove the pinion gear to have better
access when changing the front pinion seal. Not esp. difficult, with the
unit sitting on the work bench.

Most of these units are painted Black, with plain aluminum
(non-stressed) casting on the open end.

In my opinion, if you take it easy, (no jack-rabbit starts or popping of
the clutch) you can continue to drive with the cracked mount. Fix "in
the Winter". Check that the other three mounts have good rubber and
snug.

Dick